Monday 11 May 2009

Lets start at the very beginning..

... a very good place to start. :)

In case anyone ever reads this, I suppose I should explain who I am and what the hell I'm doing.

My name is Sophie. At the time of writing this I am 20 years old and sitting in my bed in my rented house in Bangor, North Wales, UK. I am here, in Bangor, because I go to university here, and am in my second year as a Religious Studies undergraduate student. It is May 11th and my first summer exam is in 3 days. This is why I am here, writing this, and avoiding revision.

I am not Welsh myself, I am from England, just outside London. I have a mother and a father, and older sister, a younger brother and two cats. I feel like I'm doing an, admittedly basic, french exam, as I'm pretty much delivering what I had to say all those years ago in my GCSE French oral exam. Okay so it wasn't many years ago, but it certainly seems so to me. I certainly can't remember much French, which just speaks volumes of the education I received. Well, just my incompetence of memory really.

The reason why I have started this blog, is because I want to start documenting what I'm doing with my life. This summer I have a few thing happening, which I hope to remember for quite some time. On June 2nd I'm going to Ireland to see one of my school friends who I haven't seen for about a year, which I'm really looking forward to. This summer I also want to try my hand at crafts. This may sound odd, but I really am an older women at heart. I've made cushions and purses in the past, but I want to try my hand at making a quilt. Now I know this is going to be hard, especially as I can't work out the modern technologies of electronic sewing machines (I've always used my Nana's old sewing machine which is hand powered.). But I want to try nonetheless, and trying doesn't harm anyone.

Secondly, I really want to race ahead in my New Years resolution. In January I decided that I wanted to read 50 books this year, cover to cover. So far I'm not doing too well. This is because when I have work on I get distracted, so I can't read for pleasure as much as I'd want to. Here is what I've read so far:
  1. Chobits 4

  2. Walt Whitman – Song of Myself

  3. David Boring – Daniel Clowes

  4. Ghost World – Daniel Clowes

  5. Marmalade Boy 4

  6. Marmalade Boy 7

  7. Marmalade Boy 8

  8. The Stars' Tennis Balls – Stephen Fry

  9. Join Me – Danny Wallace

  10. Love Hina 3

  11. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott

  12. Shin Chan Manga 2

  13. Your And My Secret 1

  14. Happy Hustle High 1

  15. Happy Hustle High 2

  16. Hot Gimmick 1

  17. Hot Gimmick 2

  18. Yes Man – Danny Wallace

  19. Hot Gimmick 3

  20. Chobits 5

  21. The Food Revolution – John Robbins

  22. Chobits 6

  23. Hot Gimmick 4

  24. Hot Gimmick 5

  25. Ice Haven - Daniel Clowes

  26. Hot Gimmick 6

  27. Shin Chan 3

  28. Tokyo Zombie


However this isn't great. I don't consider Manga and Graphic Novels to count in this task, so really I've read, cover to cover, 6 proper books.


The 19 Mangas and 3 Graphic Novels don't count.
So as you can see, I have a while to go. I'm currently on my 7th book, "Scoop" by Evelyn Waugh. I love his work, I'm currently on page 109/222.


I guess I'll leave this post here. I've gone on a lot. I'll write back soon.



Sophie Made Of Stars
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment