Thursday 21 April 2011

A New Start

Time for a new post. Time to restart this blogging thing again. I haven't done this for like.. a year.. so I guess I'm a little bit rusty. So what has happened in the last year?


- I completed my BA degree in Religious Studies with a 2.1
- I became a bit obsessed with KPOP and K-dramas
- I started a postgraduate PGCE course
- I (once again) developed depression.
- I am on temporary leave from my course, and I'm still contemplating whether or not I wish to pursue a career in teaching Religious Education & Philosophy in Secondary School.
- I am on anti-depressants for my depression and self harm.

Well... most of that sounds pretty depressing, which wasn't what I was intending. Rather, I propose that this blog will henceforth be filled with happier thoughts, and likely a place to rant and express my obsessions :P

This may sound pathetic, but to be honest I don't really have many people to talk to. I have wonderful friends, but the truth is that most of them are not around much because they have moved elsewhere, they are uni friends and so they come from all over the UK, or they have uni, children or jobs which take up their time. I'm completely understanding of this, since I was a little like this when I was at university. However, that doesn't change the fact that really I have very few people to communicate with, and really most of my friends have different interests to me anyways. I guess what I am trying to say is that since I have little communication at the moment, I wish to try to regularly update this blog, almost as if I am talking to a friend. A friend who is interested in everything I am ^_^ I know it sounds lame, but I want to try this. I want to get things off my chest and express myself somehow. Right now I feel trapped. I need to let out my thoughts or I will go crazy.

I think I need this to grow.

I think I need this to get better.

This is the start of my new journey.

Hi. My name is Sophie and this is my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment